Saturday, August 26, 2006

you said

you said i was wise
beyond the years i've been
standing around on this earth

you said tell me who you love
and i'll tell you who you are

you said don't look at me, melt me like that
you said just drive
you said no woman had ever gotten away
with speaking to you like that
since the first girl you loved
(who later broke your heart)

and secretly inside, my jaw dropped cuz that
was when i first knew you had indeed
fallen
(on the outside i was the epitomy of cool
the girl no one knew could GET heartbroken)

and now, i've been standing around
walking around
with my hair in my face
covering my eyes
hiding my heart
since the moment you left
missing your voice and your laugh
your sarcasm and analogies
your stories and opinions

your every move and look
in my direction

i pushed you away
and you pushed back my hair
saw straight thru to my heart
and pushed my heart away
and i'm still standing
and walking all over this earth
with my hair in my face
and my heart safely covered
and concealed
and here i am...

you said this would happen
if i kept building my walls
yeah, here i am...so guarded

and so alone
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home