Thursday, July 20, 2006

hello goodbye



we say hello while saying goodbye...

you...

so amazing
so exasperating
too perfect
and too flawed
my depth
and my emptiness
so out-of-body
so of my mind
open
to me
and closed
from me

you...
my death
while my so alive
my breath
while my choke
my crave
my repulsion
my favorite, my need...
my pet peeve

you...
my pain
and my pleasure
my purgatory
and my nirvana,
my 1984

you...
intense and my comfort
intense and my hell
sanguine and my heaven
my wound and my scar
...my healing, my miracle

you...
my music
my deafening silence
my cry
and my laugh
my scream
and my moan
my fear
and my known
my squalor
my gift
my horror
and my ecstasy
my intangible
my touchable

you...
my best friend and
my enemy
my friend and
my lover
my hate and
...my love

you...
are hello
you
are goodbye
you
uninvited and so gone
and so welcome, at home and inside

you...
star and my sky
my dark
and my light
my moon
and my sun
my loneliness, my nowhere
my highway
...my here

my beginning
and my end.
my nothing...
while my everything.

you...

so ugly
and so beautiful
so not me
...so only me
so not like me
so like me and me alone,
so nothing
...but me

you...

are me
as i am
you...

living
separate
...together

in
the same emptiness
the same wholeness.

the same home
in
the same heart

intertwined and apart
not together
and
...never not.

--bpg--
(an old heartbreak-era poem i dug up when a friend sent me this pic)
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home