Tuesday, September 20, 2005

half moon (circa 1995)



half moon
half lit cigarette
half alive
and the wind was knocked out of me
and became this crazy weather
but it was you who was knocked out of me,
shaken loose from my heart
and that part of me that was you,
that walked around n stood around
with me on this earth
disappeared so abruptly
just as you did that last time
but this naive little redhead,
this lost, unrecognizable girl,
was replaced with someone stronger,
someone calmer and with a new craving,
a new craving for life
and i smiled a new smile, singing "stuck in the middle"
as i followed that half moon
with my now half gone cigarette
all the way back home
becoming more and more comfortable
with this new piece of myself
and my renewed peace of mind
and it all happens for a reason
but i won't let fate happen without me
cuz i have a new reason
i have a new craving for life
and i plan to use it and
never lose it this time
and live in this instant
this instant is MINE
Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!